I LOVE tea. I don’t necessarily drink it for the caffeine, but as an alternative to water. I manage to up my fluid intake by drinking my teas.
If you are looking to losing some serious weight, I highly suggest LITea’s detox. Check out my full review here.
I like to drink them black, which also makes them healthier than adding in sugar and milk.
When I heard about MateFit’s teatoxes, I was excited to try them.
I wasn’t expecting to lose a tonne of weight from it, but I knew it’d be a lot better than drinking all of $1 McDonald’s drinks and sugar filled Frappacinos I’ve been drinking all summer.
I was ready to turn all of the junk in for a healthier me! I decided to buy the 14-day teatox.
14 days, I can do this!
What MateFit Tea Can Do
- Boost your metabolism, and increase fat burning when you’re not even working out
- Give you more energy, without the crash of other energy and caffeine products
- Cleanse out your liver, kidneys, and colon
- Lowers cholesterol
- Can improve your overall well being
The teatoxes come in 14-day and 28-day cleanses, and you drink the teas up to 3 times a day, everyday for the duration of the cleanse.
These are some key ingredients in the teas, and how they work:
Yerba Mate – Rich in antioxidants,increases your mental clarity and alertness. Enhances your physical endurance, so you get the best out of your workouts. It also helps appetite control by making you feel full sooner after you eat, and for longer periods.
Sechung Oolong Tea- helps lower blood pressure, and is known to speed up your metabolism and can block fat building enzymes. Oolong is also rich in antioxidants, and gives you a natural caffeine kick without the crash.
Pinhead Gunpowder Tea – Is a type of green tea. It is high in antioxidants, and is another caffeine source in the tea. Green tea is good for your heart, your teeth and overall health.
Organic Dandelion Root – powerful antioxidant that helps fight off bad microbes and can also reduce inflammation
Peppermint Loose Leaf Tea – soothing and delicious! The flavour is comforting and warm, hence why this tea is usually consumed before bed
Do MateFitMe Teas Taste Good?
You’ll be glad to know that these teas don’t taste like the strange traditional Chinese holistic teas that my mom used to give me growing up!
The teatoxes consist of two different teas; the Metabolic Boost, and the Detox tea.
The Metabolic Boost tea has a sweet, lemony taste. It is very warm and inviting, and gives you an energy surge that you need during the day. The sweetness comes from organic stevia.
With ingredients like peppermint, rosemary and cinnamon, the Detox tea is very relaxing, and the flavours are like the holidays all wrapped up in a mug.
Most people have found that the teas are very tasty, but I do find tea is an acquired taste. If you must, you can add some honey or stevia into the teas to sweeten them up.
What I Liked
- Tastes great
- Noticed I had less bloating a few days into the program
- Felt more energy
- Was able to fall asleep at night easier after drinking the detox!
- All natural ingredients, and is gluten free
- Quick and efficient customer service
- Shipping is very affordable to Canada. It’s free for all of USA, and International shipping also looks very reasonable.
What I Didn’t Like
- I found the teabags that come in the package to put the loose leaves in to be too finicky. Instead, I just bought a tea tumbler.
- Though the Metabolic Boost tasted great, I usually get slight headaches when I consume products with stevia in them. I also get a weird aftertaste, but this wasn’t too bad. Read here for my suggestion for a better, organic teatox program that really helps you lose weight.
- This isn’t about the tea, but their bottles. Though they are super cute, I do NOT recommend putting boiling hot water in there for the teas. It is plastic, and not meant for tea. You can place your tea in there once it’s cooled down a bit, but the bottle is more meant for water or protein shakes. Like I already mentioned, get a double-walled tea tumbler which has a tea strainer in it. It’ll never overheat and can withstand the hot tea.
I began noticing my stomach getting flatter after the 2nd day. I do believe this was mostly just water retention, which is still a good thing. The teas were probably starting to rid my body of toxins that were causing my body to hold on to excess water.
I did like the extra boost of energy, as I usually find myself feeling very sluggish at this time of year. Ah, why can’t the sun be out for 14 hours a day all year long!
Another very unexpected thing I noticed was that my skin felt a lot more hydrated. Probably because of the extra liquid I was taking in.
The only side effect I noticed was that I had a slight aftertaste in my mouth from the stevia. I’m generally not a fan of alternative sweeteners, as they tend to give me headaches also. This is not really common, as I’m the only person that I know that has these affects after consuming sweeteners. In general, I’ve only read positive reviews from other people in regards to these teas.
By the end of my 14 days, I felt a lot more ‘lighter’, if that makes sense. You know how after you eat all this deep fried food, you just feel super lazy and heavy? Well, I felt the opposite of that. Perhaps it was all in my head, or maybe my body was a lot more ‘clear’ of some of the yucky stuff that was in it.
My stomach was flatter, and water retention all over my body was cut down. I am a person that retains water easily, so this makes a huge difference in how I look.
As for fat loss, I can’t tell if I’ve lost any fat, but like I mentioned, I was a whole lot less bloated so I looked skinnier.
I did see the scale go down about 5 lbs. Whether that was just the water retention or actually fat, I’m not sure. The only way to find out is to go to a specialist that measures your body fat percentage before and after using the teatox.
I am very happy with my results. I would totally go on another teatox, maybe for 28-days next time to get even better results.
I highly suggest anyone that’s been eyeing these teas to try it out. You won’t regret it!
Want to lose weight, but concerned about the caffeine content?
Though I didn’t experience any negative effects in regards to the levels of caffeine in the tea, I know that some people are very sensitive to it, even in small amounts!
If you are wanting to detox but don’t want something that makes you jittery and is caffeine free, My Miracle Tea‘s detox may be for you. Click Here to learn more about My Miracle Tea
But if you are wanting to lose more than 10 lbs, I highly suggest LoseITea.
>>Learn how to lose more than 10 lbs with tea here<<
Start your new years resolutions early! Let me know how it goes 🙂